One of the goals of the SFH program is to develop improved horticultural tools for soilborne disease management in red raspberry. We take a diverse approach, investigating:
- Alternative application techniques of fumigants
- Alternative fumigants (including biofumigants)
- Root and crown inoculum removal in replanted red raspberry systems
- Cover cropping for improved soilborne disease management and soil quality
- Characterizing soil microbial ecology in red raspberry replant situations
- Integration of plasticulture and alternative mulch films in fumigated systems
We collaborate with many scientists within this area of focus. Review the videos and articles below to learn about our on-going research.